Subject: Removing chewing gum from carpets

Removing chewing gum from carpets

From: Flavia Perugini <fperugini<-a>
Date: Thursday, January 13, 2005
We have a serious problem with chewing gum being dropped by visitors
onto the modern carpets in our buildings.  Several attempts to
remove the gum have been made but we are still looking for the best
method and material. Could anyone advise on a remover easy and safe
to use, and possibly not releasing vapors that could affect objects
in the open displays?

Flavia Perugini
Conservator
George Washington's Mount Vernon