Subject: Acid-free tubes for storing rolled maps

Acid-free tubes for storing rolled maps

From: Stuart Welch <stuart.welch<-a>
Date: Friday, January 21, 2005
Deborah Rohan <deborah.rohan [at] cambridgeshire__gov__uk> writes

>We wish to provide supporting cores for a number of maps. Does
>anyone know of a reliable supplier of acid-free tubing in the U.K.?
>Crayford Tubes have a problem with adhesive, and possibly other
>problems as well.

Conservation By Design Limited
<URL:http://www.conservation-by-design.co.uk> now supply acid free
tubes which are made to order using our Premier Grade Archival Paper
which is slit and coiled using our Evacon (EVA) Adhesive. The paper
is acid free, lignin free and passes the PAT test. We usually supply
them in White but we can also supply Grey or a duplex of Grey and
White.

Further information, specifications and prices can be obtained from
our product sales department.

Stuart M. Welch
Managing Director
Conservation By Design Limited