Subject: Byne's disease

Byne's disease

From: Joanne Hackett <jhackett<-a>
Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2004
I am preparing a short paper on the history and conservation of
artificial pearls and wish to include some information on the
conservation and housing of real pearls.  I am aware that Bynes
disease can effect objects made from mother-of-pearl and would be
interested to hear of any instances of Byne's Disease in pearls.

Joanne Hackett
Textile Conservation
Indianapolis Museum of Art
4000 Michigan Road,