Subject: Almond milk

Almond milk

From: Sarah Lowengard <sarahl<-a>
Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2004
Recently, I have been reading an 18th century treatise about
painter's colors and varnishes that mentions the use of "almond
milk" in some recipes. I know about the culinary uses of almond
milk, but can't imagine why it would be included here.  Can anyone
enlighten me?  It has occured to me that it might be almond oil,
emulsified in some way.  Is that likely?

Sarah Lowengard
sarahl[at]panix.com
New York City

                Distributed: Wednesday, January 5, 2005