Subject: Cellulose acetate and polyester

Cellulose acetate and polyester

From: Sophia Fairclough <sophia<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 23, 2004
I am currently working on a collage from 1969.  The work is composed
of two layers of paper and covered with what is thought to be a
sheet of cellulose acetate or polyester.  This latter material has,
over time, discoloured from a clear colour to a yellow brown
overall.  I am very interested to hear if anyone may be able to give
advice on removing the discolouration from such materials as
cellulose acetate and polyester. I would be very grateful for
anyone's experiences on this matter.

Caroline Harrison
Sophia Fairclough Limited
Conservation and Restoration of Works of Art on Paper
+44 117 3179615

                 Distributed: Tuesday, January 4, 2005