Subject: Fabrics for lining

Fabrics for lining

From: Alexis Miller <amiller>
Date: Wednesday, December 15, 2004
Recently, we ordered a bolt of Terytex fabric for the lining of
paintings. When we received the fabric (from a source we have used
in the past), it was lighter in weight and had been calendered
unevenly, creating striations that can be distinguished.  We are
having trouble finding sources for good lining fabrics.  Does anyone
have a source for Terytex?  Are there other woven, 100% polyester
fabrics for the lining of paintings that people are using?

Alexis Miller
Associate Conservator of Paintings
Balboa Art Conservation Center
San Diego, CA

                Distributed: Thursday, December 16, 2004