Subject: Decamethylpentasiloxane

Decamethylpentasiloxane

From: Teri L. Herbert <herbertl>
Date: Tuesday, December 14, 2004
I am trying to find out the effect of decamethylpentasiloxane, a
chemical used in the dry cleaning of textiles.  I have the MSDS but
have been unable to find if there are any residues left in fabric
that might cause (museum) long term storage problems.  Especially
wool materials. Any help would be appreciated,

Teri Lynn Herbert

                Distributed: Thursday, December 16, 2004