Subject: Glass bristle brushes

Glass bristle brushes

From: Vanessa Roth <vanessaroth>
Date: Thursday, December 9, 2004
Roisin Miles <rosettadubh [at] yahoo__co__uk> writes

>A colleague has asked me to post this query. Does anyone know of a
>supplier of 17mm and 20mm diameter soft bristle brushes bound with
>cord or canvas? The supplier they previously used has stopped
>supplying them. They are used to clean corrosion products,
>particularly on softer metals.

I also spent ages looking for glass bristle brushes, only to find
them just down the road at a jewellers' supply shop.  They are
manufactured by Beco Technic in Germany, so you may be able to
contact them directly.

Vanessa Roth
Objects Conservator
Art Gallery of Western Australia

                Distributed: Thursday, December 16, 2004