Subject: Position at the National Trust

Position at the National Trust

From: Sarah Staniforth <sarah.staniforth>
Date: Friday, November 26, 2004
Conservator
Killerton Office
Exeter, Devon
Salary: UKP23,000 pa pro rata - 3 days per week

The National Trust believes passionately in conserving the historic
interest and natural beauty of our environment, whilst encouraging
people to enjoy and learn about it.     We are looking for a
successor to our current Conservator who leaves at the end of
January 2005.  This position offers an exciting opportunity to
participate in the work of the Conservators section.

You will join a team of Conservators in the Trust's west territory
and will provide advice and professional expertise in the preventive
and remedial conservation of collections and historic interiors for
properties in Devon, including Killerton, Knightshayes Court, Castle
Drogo and Arlington Court. The work includes training property staff
in housekeeping and overseeing technical standards in preventive
conservation and care of collections, identifying survey needs,
maintaining conservation records, advising on remedial conservation
priorities and the allocation of resources, and enabling sustainable
access to historic buildings and collections.

You must have a good first degree and/or a recognised conservation
qualification. PACR is highly desirable. You will have at least
three years' practical experience of working as a Conservator.
Communication, team working, organisational, planning and IT skills
are important as well as the ability to promote the interests of
conservation and to train, motivate and develop staff at all levels.
You must be prepared to work on site and a clean driving license is
also required.

Please find full details and apply online at
<URL:http://www.ntjobs.org.uk> Alternatively, to request an
application form, you can email:
recruitmentenquiries [at] nationaltrust__org__uk or send an A4 SAE (60p) to

    The National Trust
    HRSC Reference CT0065
    Rowan, Kembrey Park
    Swindon SN2 8YL

Closing date: 24 December 2004
Interview date: 10 January 2005 (at Killerton House, Exeter)

Committed to equal opportunities
Registered Charity No. 205846

Sarah Staniforth
Head Conservator
The National Trust
33 Sheep Street
Cirencester GL7 1RQ
+44 1285 884763

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 1, 2004