Subject: Teslin

Teslin

From: Karl Gillies <karl.gillies>
Date: Thursday, November 25, 2004
Samantha Hamilton <s.hamilton [at] nma__gov__au> writes

>We are considering Teslin, which is a polyolefin based synthetic paper
>as an alternative to Tyvek for registration labels.  Has anyone had any
>experience with this material?

I have no experience of Teslin, but Tyvek of various
grades/weights/textures (spun-bonded polypropylene) is a product we
use extensively in our museum, and I am curious to know what you
consider are its deficiencies. The only one that comes to mind is
that, depending on the medium (ink, graphite etc), it can sometimes
be difficult to write on.

Karl Gillies
Registrar
Southland Museum and Art Gallery
PO Box 1012
Invercargill
New Zealand
+64 3 2189753
Fax: +64 3 2183872

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 1, 2004