Subject: Epoxy resin for restoration of metal sculpture

Epoxy resin for restoration of metal sculpture

From: Tom James Braun <tom.braun>
Date: Monday, November 29, 2004
Jorge Sahione <jsahione [at] yahoo__com> writes

>I am a Monument Conservator in Brazil. I would be grateful to hear
>of any experiences with carrying out repairs to metal sculpture
>(bronze and casting iron) and any suggestions of appropriate epoxy
>resin. ...

adhere copper alloys, I had always been told to avoid this, as the
amine groups common in epoxies may react to the copper and cause
problems, such as poor adhesion, corrosion, and etc.

Thomas J. Braun
Daniels Object Conservation Laboratory
Minnesota Historical Society

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 1, 2004