Subject: Classifying resins

Classifying resins

From: Dorothy Krotzer <dorothykrotzer>
Date: Monday, November 29, 2004
Isabel Herraez <isabel.herraez [at] iphe__mcu__es> writes

>I am looking for articles regarding classification of products used
>in conservation, mainly resins. I do recall reading that some
>products belonged to different groups (A: 100 years, B: 75, C: 50,
>etc.) depending on their ageing characteristics, reversibility,
>unexpected changes, etc. ...

Have you looked at a copy of C.V. Hoarie's book, Materials For
Conservation? The book is essentially an encyclopedia of organic
consolidants, adhesives and coatings. It delves into their history,
uses and properties. The English company Butterworth published it,
originally in 1987, and then reprinted it in 1994.

Dorothy Krotzer
Senior Conservator
Fairmount Park Historic Preservation Trust
2020 Chamounix Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19131-3724
215-877-8001
Fax: 215-877-8049

                Distributed: Wednesday, December 1, 2004