Subject: Legal advice sought

Legal advice sought

From: Valerie Tomlinson <valerie_tomlinson>
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 2004
    **** Moderator's comments: Please respond directly to the author.

I have been speaking to an Inuit fellow involved with a French film
team, who are investigating his ideas into the location of
Franklin's tomb and ships. He is interested in legal advice on what
to do if anything is found. He is concerned that any material found
remain in Nunavut, and be treated properly, but also he wants to
make sure that his contribution is given appropriate recognition,
and that he receives appropriate financial compensation. Is there
anyone who could point me to a legal advisor dealing with heritage
materials and heritage research in Canada, especially with regards
to the arctic and first nations groups?

Valerie Tomlinson
Conservator
Inuvik, NT

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 24, 2004