Subject: Ironbark Leathercraft Products

Ironbark Leathercraft Products

From: Jean Holland <jholland>
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 2004
In our lab we have leather dyes, purchased at least 15 years ago,
used at the time for staining leather in book repairs. The label
reads 'Ironbark Leathercraft Products, Basic Leather Dye' and they
were supplied by Ironbark Brand Leathercraft Products in Sydney,
Australia.

We are trying to get information, ideally an MSDS, about the
composition of this dye but have been unable to contact the company.
We would appreciate any available information anyone might have
regarding this dye.

Jean Holland
Senior Conservator Books
Collection Management Division
State Library of Victoria
328 Swanston Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000 Australia
+61 3 8664 7353
Fax: 61+3 9639 6673

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 24, 2004