Subject: Lanaset dyes

Lanaset dyes

From: Paulina Lobaton <paulinalobaton>
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 2004
Elisabet Cerda Dura <elisabetcer [at] hotmail__com> writes

>I am a textile conservator in Spain. There is no one else in this
>country with academic degrees about textile conservation, so I am
>alone if I have a problem. I would like to ask somebody how to dye
>with Lanaset dyes. I have the recipes from the place I studied but I
>do not remember how to make the calculations for the dyes and
>additives (my weight sample is 1g).

There are several official conservation centres in Spain where
qualified personnel carry out work on textile conservation. Due to
the lack of formal education on the conservation of textiles in
Spain people working on this subject have trained either abroad or
in Spain, under close supervision of those with academic degrees.
Therefore I trust you will find that there are other textile
conservators in Spain that will be able to help you in your query if
you contact them directly.

The Instituto del Patrimonio Historico Espanol (IPHE) is the Spanish
Institute for the Conservation of Historic Heritage, which has a
Department for the Conservation of Textiles that has been running
for more than 20 years. Here they dye with Lanaset dyes frequently.
Their web page is:

    <URL:http://www.cultura.mecd.es/
        patrimonio/iphe/InstitutoPatrimonioHistorico.jsp>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.

You may also find some help from textile conservators working at the
Instituto Andaluz del Patrimonio Historico (IAPH) (Andalusian
Institute for the Conservation of Historic Heritage, Patrimonio
Nacional (National Heritage), Museo del Traje (Madrid) and the
Colegio de Arte Mayor de la Seda (Valencia) among others, which
contact details you will easily find through the internet or
directories. Hope this helps,

Paulina Lobaton
Conservator of Archaeological Objects
Ministry of Culture Intern
Instituto del patrimonio Historico Espanol
Department for the Conservation of Archaeology, Ethnological and Decorative
Art Objects

               Distributed: Wednesday, November 24, 2004