Subject: pH and Colorants

pH and Colorants

From: Regine Kunz <redgaine>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2004
    author.

I am a third year student in conservation and restoration of
archaeological and ethnographic objects, in the University if Applied
Science in La Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland. I'm now doing the last
year of study, which is the diploma year, during this year I have to
work on a specific subject and make a diploma dissertation (master
work).

I would like to do a research work on the influence of the pH of the
conservation products used with natural colorants/pigments and the
change of color that can happen.

I'm now looking for a place (laboratories/institutions) where it
could be possible to do researches in conservation-restoration in
this topic. During this year, the student have to make good
theoretical and practical research which include an internship in a
place where it could be possible to work on samples, to make tests
and analyses and, if it is possible, to make the
conservation-restoration of an artefact which has the specific
problem of the research work. The student has to find for himself
the place of internship, the internship responsible, a mentor and
the funds to do this year.

If somebody  has some information or addresses of institutions,
laboratories or conservator I could contact, I will be grateful for
helping me in my  research.

Regine Kunz
He-arc
Conservation-restauration d'objets archeologiques et ethnographiques
Rue de la Paix 60
CH 2300 La Chaux-de-Fonds
+41 32 919 26 26
Fax: +41 32 919 23 33