Subject: Fish leathers

Fish leathers

From: Ann Walker <ann.walker>
Date: Friday, November 12, 2004
I am a third-year Conservation and Restoration undergraduate at the
University of Lincoln UK and am beginning research for my
dissertation, which is to be a study of fish leathers and
particularly shagreen.

I am interested in all areas of the history, usage and conservation
of these materials and would be most grateful for any information on
collection items around the world which include them. Also, I would
welcome details of any conservation processes which have been found
useful or indeed problems with fish leather conservation/restoration
which have been encountered. Many thanks,

Ann Walker

                 Distributed: Monday, November 22, 2004