Subject: FTIR analysis for ethnographic plants

FTIR analysis for ethnographic plants

From: Heike Wichelmann <heike.wichelmann>
Date: Wednesday, November 17, 2004
I am student of conservation and restauration at the University of
Applied Sciences in Cologne (Germany). I am looking for FTIR
analysis for ethnographic plants, especially from Hawaii. I have a
tapa from Hawaii with decoration in black and red. In the
description of the museum, the colours are identified with kukui
(candlenut tree)for the black decoration. For the red colour it is
not sure which plant is used. It could be cordia sp., Morinda
citrifolia, Myrsine spp.,Dodonaea spp., Bixa orellana and sadleria
cyatheoides. Is there anyone who can tell me where I could get
references from the FTIR?

Heike Wichelmann

                 Distributed: Monday, November 22, 2004