Subject: Comb binding

Comb binding

From: Valinda Carroll <vscarroll>
Date: Thursday, November 11, 2004
I am working with a collection which has just created a preservation
department.  The biggest surprise that I've encountered is the large
quantity of broken plastic "comb" and other novel plastic binding
systems.  Some of these publications have very little gutter margin
to allow rebinding.  As noted in the DistList discussion of metal
coil or spiral bindings, these items were designed to lie flat when
opened.

Does anyone have a policy for rebinding these types of publications?

Valinda Carroll
Preservation Manager
Harvey Library
Hampton University