Subject: Position at University of Minnesota

Position at University of Minnesota

From: Julia Kiple <kiple001>
Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2004
Director of Archives and Special Collections
University of Minnesota Libraries

Please note the following job posting at the University of Minnesota
Libraries.  The Elmer L. Andersen Director of Archives and Special
Collection is a newly created position to provide leadership for
extraordinary archives and special collections. Named for a former
governor and major benefactor of the Libraries, the position will
play a critical role in shaping the future support and programmatic
goals of these resources.  Details are available at
<URL:http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/openings/job127450.html>

As this listserv reaches an international community allow me to
briefly describe the area:   Minnesota is located in the northern
United States, just south of Ontario, Canada and is home to the
headwaters of the Mississippi River. The state is known as socially
progressive with a strong regard for our beautiful natural
setting--it's not called the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" for nothing! We
enjoy 4 beautifully distinct seasons, with opportunities for almost
any outdoor activity.  Minneapolis is the largest city in the state,
with a metro area population of almost 3 million.  Minneapolis
offers the amenities of a larger city, such as vibrant art, theatre,
and dance communities, good shopping, and excellent public
transportation,  without sacrificing smaller community charm.

We are excited about the potential for this position, and expect
that it may appeal to candidates with backgrounds in academia,
conservation, museum administration, and more.  Please do consider
it.

Julia Kiple
Head, Stack Services
University of Minnesota