Subject: Convergence of UK conservation organizations

Convergence of UK conservation organizations

From: Tina Marshall <tina>
Date: Monday, October 11, 2004
Institute of Paper Conservation (IPC) voting result
74% of the votes cast said YES to convergence.

Strong endorsement for convergence was received by IPC's members.
This will now enable IPC to move forward towards the formation of
the new Institute of Conservation.

                    Yes     No     Total
Postal votes        276     92      368
Ballot Box at EGM   17      11      28
Total               293     103     396 = 100%
Total votes %        74%     26%    100%

IPC membership figures are as follows:

Individuals
    UK              455
    EU               19
    Overseas        204
Corporate total:    344

Under our Statutes (which are approved by the Charity Commissioners)
IPC decides matters at General Meetings by means of votes cast
either by post (and received in time) or at the Meeting itself.  A
simple majority of votes so cast is required. It is not the case
that the votes so cast should equate to a majority of the total
membership of IPC.

Voting took place by postal ballot and in person at the EGM on 30
September 2004.  Postal voting closed on 23 September 2004, seven
days prior to the EGM, as specified under our Statutes.    All
envelopes were date stamped upon arrival and left unopened.  On 24
September, Tina Marshall, IPC Administrator, took all the envelopes
to the office of the Auditor, Mr John Yelland, who personally opened
all the envelopes and counted the votes.

A verification certificate was issued by Mr Yelland and placed in a
sealed envelope to be given to the Chair at the end of the EGM,
after the votes cast at the EGM were counted.  Votes cast at the EGM
were counted in the presence of an independent Accounting Officer
and Mr Michael Huskinson, IPC's solicitor.  These were added to the
postal votes and the total count announced at the meeting.  The 19
postal votes arriving after the closing date of 23 September were
date stamped, left unopened and discounted for voting.  All voting
papers have been retained by the Auditor and our solicitor and will
remain on file indefinitely.  All voting followed procedures laid
down in our Statutes and following advice given by our Solicitor and
the Charity Commissioners, with whom our Solicitor has maintained a
close link during preparation for Convergence and voting.

Tina Marshall on behalf of the IPC Committee

                Distributed: Thursday, October 14, 2004