Subject: Phonograph cylinder

Phonograph cylinder

From: Maureen K. Sharp <msharp>
Date: Thursday, September 30, 2004
I have been asked to glue a wax cylinder broken into three pieces
back together.  All of the pieces are there, and there is no sign of
mold. There is no machine to play this in the collection which owns
the cylinder, and no expectation of ever wanting/needing to play it.
I am thinking of forming a cylindrical substrate from permalife
cover, and using PVA to adhere the interior of the cylinder to this
support cylinder, but I welcome any alternative suggestions on this
procedure and/or materials choices.

Maureen Sharp

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 7, 2004