Subject: Call for papers--Society of Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T)

Call for papers--Society of Imaging Science and Technology (IS&T)

From: Stephen Chapman <stephen_chapman>
Date: Monday, October 4, 2004
Call for Abstracts:
IS&T Archiving Conference 2005
Hilton Washington Hotel
Washington, DC
April 26-29, 2005
<URL:http://www.imaging.org/conferences/archiving2005/>

The October 13, 2004 deadline for proposals for the IS&T's Archiving
Conference 2005 is fast approaching. We encourage practitioners,
researchers, scholars, scientists and others engaged in the
technical arenas of archiving to submit a brief abstract of an
original paper for this unique conference that brings together
international experts in industry and cultural heritage charged with
preserving personal and institutional collections.

Please note that we have reduced the required size of the extended
abstract for submission to 750 words. The "Invitation and
Instructions to Authors" at the IS&T web site provides full
instructions to submit proposals, via a web-based submission form.
See
<URL:http://www.imaging.org/conferences/archiving2005/authors.cfm>.

Join us and our cooperating societies in a program that includes
tutorials, invited presentations, and refereed papers (yours!). Two
of the featured keynote speakers at Archiving 2005 will be Clifford
Lynch, Executive Director of CNI, and Deanna Marcum, Associate
Librarian for Library Services at the Library of Congress.

IS&T has gained wide reaching support from both the imaging and
archiving communities which confirms our view of the timeliness and
relevance of this meeting.  Cooperating organizations include:

    AIC (American Institute for Conservation of Historic and
        Artistic Works)
    ALCTS  (Association for Library Collections and Technical
        Services)
    CNI  (Coalition for Networked Information)
    DLF (Digital Library Federation)
    ECPA (European Commission on Preservation and Access)
    ISCC (Inter-Society Color Council)
    MCN (Museum Computer Network)
    OCLC (Online Computer Library Center)
    RLG  (Research Library Group)
    SPIE (The International Society for Optical Engineering)

Share your expertise in this field by submitting an abstract via the
IS&T web site today. We look forward to reviewing your proposal.

General Co-chairs
Franziska Frey, Rochester Institute of Technology
Rob Buckley, Xerox Corporation

The Program Committee

General Co-Chairs:

    Robert R. Buckley
    Xerox Corporation
    585-422-1282
    Fax: 585-265-7441
    rbuckley [at] crt__xerox__com

    Franziska Frey
    Rochester Institute of Technology, School of Print Media
    585-475-2712
    Fax: 585-475-7029
    fsfpph [at] rit__edu

Program Chair - Asia

    Kimiyoshi Miyata, National Museum Of Japanese History
    +81 43 486 4227
    +81 43 486 4299
     miyata [at] rekihaku__ac__jp

Program Chair - Europe

    Simon Tanner
    King's College London
    simon.tanner [at] kcl__ac__uk

Program Chair - North America

    Stephen Chapman
    Harvard University Library
    stephen_chapman [at] harvard__edu

Publications Chair

    Melville R.V. Sahyun
    Journal of Imaging Science and Technology
    sahyun [at] infionline__net

Tutorials Chair

    Robert Breslawski
    Eastman Kodak Company