Subject: Cayman Island National Museum

Cayman Island National Museum

From: Judith Tartt <judithtartt>
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2004
This is a call for help.

I received a phone call; from Anita Ebanks who is the Director of
the National Museum in the Cayman islands. Their art storage
facility was devastated by hurricane Ivan. There are paintings,
paper, objects in 4 feet of what she says is infested water. I asked
her what they needed now. She replied that she has secured a dry
storage place but that they need a dozen environmental suits size
large, heavy duty boots and gloves and respirators. The staff has to
go in and retrieve these objects and what little they have in terms
of clothing  to protect themselves are  at this pint "taped "
together.

Does anyone have advice, know where and how to get this equipment?

Does any one
know precisely what her needs. Her email is:

    Anita Ebanks
    museum [at] candw__ky or
    muslae [at] candw__ky
    345-945-811
    345-926-6868 (cell)

Bob Herskowitz, outreach from Minneapolis Historical Society, has
sent her the instructions which they are following on how to deal
with objects in a disaster. If any one has ideas or equipment or
experience in this type of situation please call her. She will need
actual hands on help but right now it is still a question of
salvaging.

Judith Tartt

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 7, 2004