Subject: Display cases

Display cases

From: Cary Beattie Maguire <cbeattiemaguire>
Date: Thursday, September 23, 2004
Does anyone have experience using Microchamber paint (Conservation
Resources), Sancure 878 (BF Goodrich), or Frabulon Crystal (Pratt
and Lambert) as a barrier for wood?  I am interested in knowing if
they can be used to coat wood in a display case or storage case.
Have there been tests to determine permeability, longevity, or
archival quality? Are there published analyses, I can consult?  I
appreciate any and all thoughts or comments on these coating
materials.

Cary Beattie Maguire
Assistant Conservator, Objects Department
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
4525 Oak Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64111

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 28, 2004