Subject: Sigma and Fujifilm digital cameras

Sigma and Fujifilm digital cameras

From: Frank A. Reynolds <fr0c>
Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2004
Has anyone used either the Sigma SD9, Sigma SD10, Fujifilm FinePix
Pro S1, S2, or S3 cameras?   I am interested in finding out if
either the Foveon image sensor in the Sigma cameras, or the
Fujifilm SuperCCD sensor in the Fujifilm  cameras is better suited
to photograph  flat works such as artworks, plates in rare books, or
manuscripts?  I am particularly curious as to how these sensors
render the fine lines of engravings or the transparent colors in
watercolor paintings.

I have not seen any reviews of 35mm based digital cameras or
medium format camera digital backs that test them doing copy-work.

Frank A. Reynolds
Hunt Institute
Carnegie Mellon University

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 15, 2004