Subject: Water damaged books

Water damaged books

From: Toru Koizumi <torukoizumi>
Date: Thursday, September 2, 2004
There came a record-break typhoon in west side of Japan on Aug. 30,
2004. Takamatsu city library got damage by sea water flood to some
thousands of books of underground stacks. They are looking for the
best way of drying and restoring the seawater damaged books. I guess
most books are ordinary collection but some are valuable. I
appreciate someone tell me some case or better ideas for seawater
dump books.

Toru Koizumi
Rikkyo University Library, Tokyo, Japan

                 Distributed: Sunday, September 5, 2004