Subject: Medieval comb

Medieval comb

From: Isabel Herraez <isabel.herraez>
Date: Tuesday, August 24, 2004
I am working on the reconstruction of a very fragmented double-sided
antler comb with case. It is dated in the early medieval period. My
problem is that I have not found images of similar examples to guide
me in the reconstruction of this complex object. I wonder if anyone
knows if there are any on-line museum catalogues or web pages with
images of similar combs with cases that could help me in the
reconstruction.

Isabel Herraez
Instituto del Patrimonio Historico Espanol
C/ Greco, 4.
Ciudad Universitaria
28040 Madrid

                 Distributed: Sunday, September 5, 2004