Subject: G.U.D paint

G.U.D paint

From: Mark Vine <vpackthread>
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Elizabeth Mccarthy <elizabeth_mccarthy [at] hotmail__com>

>Can anyone identify a paint referred to in the late 1940's as
>'G.U.D.'?
>
>I am researching the Australian artist, Frank Hinder and the
>materials he used. In the artist's notes he mentions using G.U.D. in
>the ground layers, which may be a casein based paint.

G.U.D, a paint used by Australian artist Frank Hinder (see Elizabeth
McCarthy's recent enquiry) could well be a generic term rather than
the initials of a particular type of paint.

That being the case the most likely origin would be that of G.U.D
Holdings, an Australasian company with a long history of
manufacturing and managing many of Australia's leading brand names.

Contact details are shown below. I would suggest contacting the
Marketing division as they are more likely to have access to company
archives and information relating to brands no longer forming a part
of the company's portfolio.

    G.U.D Holdings
    245 Sunshine Road
    Tottenham