Subject: Cake icing

Cake icing

From: Heather Dumka <hdumka>
Date: Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Sue Bigelow <sue_bigelow [at] city__vancouver__bc__ca> writes

>We have in our Archives a collection of decorated cake tops. ...
>... Does anyone have experience in
>adhering sugar-based artifacts, or any suggestions?

A number of years ago I worked on a wedding cake decoration that
consisted of a sugar cherub and a netted skirt and basket that were
covered with more sugar elements.  The decorations on the netting
were broken and detached and I repaired them using Acryloid B72 in
ethanol (approximately 10% w/v).

Heather Dumka
Glenbow Museum
130-9th Avenue SE