Subject: Electron beam irradiation

Electron beam irradiation

From: Christina Henningsen <cnh>
Date: Monday, August 16, 2004
I would be interested in hearing from anyone regarding their
experience with Beta (E-Beam) irradiation of paper documents as a
treatment after a fungi growth. The literature I can find is about
Gamma irradiation and its long-term effects on paper after
accelerated aging. My predecessor used to recommend the treatment (2
x 6 kGy) and now I would like to study the subject more.

    **** Moderator's comments: This topic has been discussed before.
    See the DistList archives at
    http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/cdl

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 17, 2004