Subject: Airplane wing

Airplane wing

From: Tom James Braun <tom.braun>
Date: Monday, August 16, 2004
Mark Vine <vpackthread [at] aol__com> writes

>This question is posed on behalf of a Conservator of historic
>aeroplanes.  The conservator requires a massive syringe or
>applicator to apply even layers of adhesive between material
>bindings around the framework of World War I Aeroplanes.

I would suggest you look in medical supply catalogs or web sites.  I
remember many years ago seeing very large syringes used to empty the
contents of a person's stomach ("having your stomach pumped").  As I
recall, these were about 300 ml in capacity, and you may be able to
find even larger sizes.  I hope this helps,

Thomas J. Braun
Daniels Object Conservation Laboratory
Minnesota Historical Society

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 17, 2004