Subject: New Journal: e-Preservation Science

New Journal: e-Preservation Science

From: Jana Kolar <jana.kolar>
Date: Friday, August 13, 2004
We're delighted to announce a major new journal e-Preservation
Science <URL:http://www.e-preservationscience.org/>.  To be known as
e-PS, the journal will bring together cutting-edge research in all
aspects of preservation and conservation science.

Aims and scope: Our aim is to publish high quality papers in
materials research: review papers, original papers, short
communications, but also announcements and news. Topics should be of
interest in the field of preservation research and should include
studies in stability, environmental studies and condition assessment
of cultural heritage, and studies of materials and procedures used
for its conservation and preservation.

The journal aims at dissemination of information to researchers,
conservators, preservation officers, and other interested audiences.

Our mission: e-PS uses e-publishing technology--from on-line
submission to web distribution. Our aim is to publish papers on our
freely accessible web pages within 8 weeks from submission. In
addition, hard copies are available by subscription. Web technology
allows also unlimited publication of colour images, movies, sound
and other material otherwise not publishable.

We employ high-quality peer reviewing, and will strive to obtain the
Science Citation Index at earliest possible date.

Editors:

    *   Jana Kolar, National and University Library, Ljubljana,
        Slovenia

    *   Matija Strlic, University of Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia

    *   Jan Wouters, The Royal Institute for the Study and
        Conservation of Belgium's Artistic Heritage, Brussels,
        Belgium Editorial Board:

    *   Annemie Adriaens, Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium

    *   Alex von Bohlen, ISAS - Institute for Analytical Sciences,
        Dortmund, Germany

    *   Christian Degrigny,  The Institute for Conservation and
        Restoration Studies, Kalkara, Malta

    *   Rene van Grieken, University of Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

    *   Robert Koestler, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, USA

    *   Bertrand Lavedrine, Centre de recherches sur la conservation
        des documents graphiques (CRCDG), Paris, France

    *   Emmanuel Pantos, CCLRC Daresbury Laboratory, Warrington,
        Cheshire, UK

    *   Hannelore Romich, Fraunhofer-Institut fur Silicatforschung
        (ISC), Wertheim-Bronnbach, Germany

    *   Manfred Schreiner, Academy of Fine Arts, Vienna, Austria

    *   Paul Wyeth, Textile Conservation Centre, Winchester, U.K.
        Technical editor

    *   Dusan Kolesa, Morana RTD, Ivancna Gorica, Slovenia

Contents of Vol. 1, 2004:

    Hannelore Romich
    Evaluation of protective glazing systems
    Review

    Ivan De Ryck, Annemie Adriaens, Patrick Storme, Freddy Adams
    The tin mercury inlay of a cabinet manufactured by Hendrik van
    Soest: A case study
    Full paper

    Vladan Desnica, Kresimir Furik, Manfred Schreiner
    Multianalytical characterisation of a variety of ultramarine
    pigments
    Full paper

    Alex von Bohlen
    Total reflection X-ray fluorescence spectrometry: A versatile
    tool for ultra-micro analysis of objects of cultural heritage
    Review

    Matija Strlie, Jana Kolar, Drago Koear, Tja'a Drnov'ek,
    Vid-Simon Selih, Robert Susie, Boris Pihlar
    What is the pH of alkaline paper?
    Full paper

Subscription: Our philosophy is to make information widely available
at the lowest possible costs. The WWW version is freely available at
<URL:http://www.e-preservationscience.org>.  Subscription is
required for hard (paper) copies and amounts to 250 Euro/year. To
subscribe, contact the publisher:

    Morana RTD d.o.o. Oslica 1b 1295
    Ivancna Gorica Slovenia
    Fax: +386 17876334