Subject: Effects of cold smoke on museum objects

Effects of cold smoke on museum objects

From: Chris Collins <chric4>
Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2004
As part of our new building project review I have been asked if any
research has been undertaken on the effects of cold smoke on museum
objects.  While I can guess what the potential problems would be I
was wondering if anybody has any experience of the effects of cold
smoke or any knowledge of research from the fire industry,

I would be grateful for any thoughts or advice that you might have,

Chris Collins
Head of Conservation, PCU
Palaeontology Department
The Natural History Museum