Subject: Primacord safety fuse

Primacord safety fuse

From: Beth Heller <bheller>
Date: Monday, July 26, 2004
I am, once again, doing an internship/consultancy high in the Rocky
Mountains.  The Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum director has
asked me for storage and exhibit recommendations for a 500 foot reel
of Ensign-Bickford Co. Primacord safety fuse, used in the town's
mining operations.  It is in its original cardboard box, and is
labeled "handle carefully", and resides in a cold storage shed at
9,000 feet altitude.  I am guessing cool, dry, dark, and unshaken,
never exhibited, and possibly rehoused, but hoped someone might have
more insight, since my field is book and paper rather than objects.

Beth Heller
Masters Candidate, Conservation
Preservation and Conservation Studies
School of Information