Subject: Cake icing

Cake icing

From: Sue Bigelow <sue_bigelow>
Date: Thursday, August 12, 2004
We have in our Archives a collection of decorated cake tops. They
are flat sheets of brittle white icing about 1/4 inch thick,
decorated with designs likely painted with food colouring.  There
are piped decorations around the edges. They are sitting (loose, not
adhered) on cake boards, which are those foil-coated boards that
bakers use. I don't know why we have these items, but we do, and I
am responsible for caring for them.

A large corner piece and several of the small edge pipings have
become detached from one cake top.  Does anyone have experience in
adhering sugar-based artifacts, or any suggestions?

Sue Bigelow
City of Vancouver Archives
sue_bigelow [at] city__vancouver__bc__ca
604-736-8561
Fax: 604-736-0626

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 12, 2004