Subject: Removable media

Removable media

From: Robin Siegel <rsiegel>
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2004
I have started using my camera's Compact Flash cards to carry files
from one computer to the other, and also to back up my computers in
case of a failure. I work on our disaster preparedness committee,
and I'd like to be able to recommend this as a good backup medium,
but I don't know if there might be a reason not to.

Does anyone else use these handy little cards (or the equally handy
thumbdrives) as backup media? Any information would be appreciated.

Robin Siegel
Conservator
National Geographic Society

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 5, 2004