Subject: Krylon Make It Acid-Free

Krylon Make It Acid-Free

From: James Elwing <elgur>
Date: Sunday, August 1, 2004
I just now noticed this product in a scrapbooking industry product
list:

    "Krylon Make It Acid-Free"
    <URL:http://www.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5
        &sub_levelid=8&productid=1731&content=product_details>

It is a 170ml aerosol spray (described as 'paint' on the Krylon web
site) that "neutralises acids that deteriorate paper".  The aerosol
is flammable.

O.K. I'll bite; does anybody know anything about this product, and
what residual products it may leave in paper? My mind proposes some
kind of Wei T'o clone product mixed with Klucel, but I'm probably
wrong.

James Elwing
Archives Conservator
Powerhouse Museum, Sydney, Australia