Subject: Conservator's Emporium

Conservator's Emporium

From: Amanda Pagliarino <amanda.pagliarino>
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2004
Jan Paris asked 'Does anyone know if Conservator's Emporium is still
in business?'

We also put orders in to Conservator's Emporium late in 2002.  We
have not had the orders filled and have found the service immensely
frustrating as the company was originally lax in responding to
enquiries and by late last year had stopped communicating with us
altogether. At that point we were also unable to access their
web site and assumed that the company had gone bust and that our
payment in advance was lost. Your posting prompted me to check the
internet and the company is online at
<URL:http://www.consemp.com/catalog/index.html>  We will renew our
efforts to have the orders filled but these experiences should
caution others, particularly those placing international orders
where payment is required in advance and over-the-phone
communication is not always possible.

Amanda Pagliarino
Conservator, Sculpture
Queensland Art Gallery