Subject: Position at the National Trust

Position at the National Trust

From: Sarah Staniforth <sarah.staniforth>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2004
Conservator
The National Trust
Welshpool Office (4 days per week)
(Wales)
c.UKP23,000 per annum (pro rata)

The National Trust believes passionately in conserving the historic
interest and natural beauty of our environment, whilst encouraging
people to enjoy and learn about it.     We are looking for a
successor to our current Conservator in Wales who leaves at the end
of October. This position offers an exciting opportunity to
participate in the work of the conservators section.

You will join a team of Conservators in the Trust's west territory
and will provide advice and professional expertise in the preventive
and remedial conservation of collections and historic interiors for
properties in Wales, including Penrhyn Castle, Powis Castle, Chirk
Castle, Erddig and Llanerchaeron. The work includes training
property staff in housekeeping and overseeing technical standards in
preventive conservation and care of collections.   You will also be
responsible for identifying survey needs, maintaining conservation
records, advising on remedial conservation priorities and the
allocation of resources, and enabling sustainable access to historic
buildings and collections.

You must have a good first degree and/or a recognised conservation
qualification, plus at least three years practical experience of
working as a conservator.    PACR is highly desirable.
Communication, team working, organisational, planning and IT skills
are important, as well as the ability to promote the interests of
conservation and to train, motivate and develop staff at all levels.
A clean driving license is also required.

If you would like an informal discussion about the position please
contact Sarah Staniforth (+44 7798 812678).

For details and an application form please contact
recruitmentenquiries [at] nationaltrust__org__uk or send a stamped SAE
(60p) to

    Anna Wall
    The National Trust
    Rowan, Kembrey Park