Subject: Library shelving

Library shelving

From: Frances Halahan <halahan>
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2004
Marco Di Bella <mdibella [at] freemail__it> writes

>I'm working for the manuscript library of Sana'a, Yemen, and we are
>looking for proper library shelving to store the manuscripts
>collection in the renewed space.

Although this may not provide exactly what you want, would it be
possible to construct the shelving in the Yemen? In this way the
funding goes directly to Yemenis rather than European companies and
you will know that you can get it altered, fixed, improved by local
craftsmen. You will also be involving local people in the collection
care and I believe the Yemenis take their collections very
seriously. Most countries have metal working sections in the
markets--if you want metal shelves. You may need to paint them
yourselves to ensure a good coating.

Frances Halahan
Halahan and Associates
38 Kitson Road