Subject: Materials analysis labs

Materials analysis labs

From: Mark Hingley <mark.hingley>
Date: Friday, July 9, 2004
I have been passed a couple enquiries about the scientific analysis
of modern papers. Both relate to the verification of the dates of
production of items which have legal significance, and both would
require analysis of the paper and the ink. Neither case is a
criminal matter. I should be very grateful if conservators or others
know of a laboratory offering a suitable analytical service.

Mark Hingley
Senior Conservator
Conservation section
Norfolk Record Office