Subject: Books and equipment sought

Books and equipment sought

From: Gordon Turner-Walker <gordon.walker>
Date: Monday, July 5, 2004
Last year (2003-2004) I was a visiting professor at the National
Yunlin University of Science and Technology (NYUST) in Taiwan,
teaching in the Department of Cultural History Conservation. My time
there was funded by a grant from the National Science Council in
Taiwan. Next semester (September) I am taking up a full time post as
Professor, teaching object and archaeological conservation.

To my knowledge, this is the first time that such a course has been
taught at university level in Taiwan, and resources are extremely
limited now. To run the course effectively we need a reference
library, especially of relevant books in English, and simple
laboratory equipment suitable for teaching practical laboratory
skills. It takes considerable time, money and manpower resources to
buy in equipment and resources in Taiwan, so I am approaching the
conservation community for assistance.

I would welcome offers from colleagues in the conservation community
who may have books or equipment that may be surplus to their current
requirements. At the moment, budgets are limited. I would consider
any text and reference books for setting up a library and any kind
of relevant equipment, including simple binocular microscopes etc.

It may take time to organise payment and transport but any sensible
offers will be considered. Many thanks,

Gordon Turner-Walker
Department of Cultural Heritage Conservation
National Yunlin University of Science and Technology
123 University Road, Section 3
TYouliou
Yunlin 630
Taiwan, ROC