Subject: Conference on collection storage

Conference on collection storage

From: Alison Walker <alison.walker>
Date: Monday, July 5, 2004
Where shall we put it? Spotlight on collection storage issues
National Preservation Office
NPO Annual Conference sponsored by Harrow Green Commercial
    Relocation
The British Library Conference Centre
96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB
Monday October 4, 2004
<URL:http://www.bl.uk/about/locations.html#stpancras>

Details: A conference to share experiences and explore the latest
technology available to preservation and collection managers in
meeting the need for efficient and cost-effective facilities in the
UK.

Provisional Programme

    10:00-10:30
        Registration and coffee

    10:30-10:45
        Welcome, housekeeping and introduction from the Chair Ronald
        Milne, Deputy Director, Oxford University Library Services

    10:45-11:30
        Helen Shenton
        Head of Collection Care, British Library
        100 years from now--have we that long?

    11:30-12:15
        James Reilly
        Image Permanence Institute, Rochester Institute of
        Technology, USA
        Storage management decision tool

    12:15-12:45
        Reg Allen
        Managing Director, Harrow Green
        Future options in the commercial sector

    12:45-14:00     Lunch

    14:00-14:30
        Anna Buelow, The National Archives
        Alternatives to high rise: the low rise option

    14:30-15:00
        John Hodgson
        John Rylands University Library, Manchester (tbc)
        Temporary storage solutions and impact on services

    15:00-15:30     Break

    15:30-16:00

        Neil Dumbleton
        University of St Andrews
        SCURL--Shared Academic Storage in Scotland

    16:00-16:30
        Dawn Olney
        Head of Collection Storage, British Library
        A UK first: automated high density solutions

    16:30-16:45
        Ronald Milne, Chair
        Closing remarks

For further details and registration information see
    <URL:http://www.bl.uk/services/npo/conf04.html>

                  Distributed: Tuesday, July 13, 2004