Subject: Conservator's Emporium

Conservator's Emporium

From: Jan Paris <jparis>
Date: Tuesday, July 6, 2004
Does anyone know if Conservator's Emporium is still in business?
Three months ago, we ordered charts and pens for our
hygrothermographs made by M&T Precision, which Conservator's
Emporium has in their catalog and for which, in theory, they also
sell supplies. We have always had a lot of trouble obtaining these
charts and pens, so I ordered them 4 months in advance of needing
them. The problem is that we've heard nothing from them, and they
have not replied to any of our phone or email queries about the
order.

The design of the M&T hygrothermograph is such that I haven't found
any other charts or pens that would work. In the past, I tried to
buy directly from the manufacturer in England, but they preferred to
deal through a distributor. As far as I've been able to determine,
Conservator's Emporium seems to be the sole supplier--at least in
the U.S. I would be most grateful to hear about another source for
these supplies.

Jan Paris, Conservator
CB#3936, Wilson Library
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-8890