Subject: A death

A death

From: James Black <info>
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2004
I expect many of you will know already that Nigel Seeley passed away
last week. Nigel was a personal friend as well as being a source of
knowledge--especially matters scientific--to whom I and many others
regularly referred. He was extremely helpful, optimistic and
supportive to countless former conservation students and staff of
the Institute of Archaeology, London and then at the National Trust.
He assisted me greatly in the emergence of several Archetype
publications and had envisaged writing a book for us--The Principles
of Conservation Science.

His passing is a great loss to many of us who knew him as a friend
and mentor and our thoughts at this time are with his wife Mary Ann
and their sons--Alexander, Julian and Mark.

His obituary by Nicholas Barker which appeared in the The
Independent on Saturday June 27, 2004 can be read at
    <URL:http://news.independent.co.uk/people/
        obituaries/story.jsp?story=535291>

    **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped for
    email. There should be no newline.