Subject: Call for papers--Metals conservation

Call for papers--Metals conservation

From: David Hallam <d.hallam>
Date: Monday, June 21, 2004
Metals 2004
October 4-8, 2004

Metals 2004 is shaping up to be a an exciting and interesting
Conference. Topics will stretch from the conservation of Silver
images through the analysis and conservation of archaeological
materials to the conservation of objects containing modern metallic
materials. We are working to ensure that the papers are available as
preprints and will also be available for the NMA web site. Ensuring
that we can meet the preprint deadlines will only be possible if
authors submit papers to us by the 30 June 2004 deadline. Please let
me know if you are going to have difficulties.
(d.hallam [at] nma__gov__au). If authors miss the 30 June 2004 deadline and
do not inform the organisers we may not be able to publish their
papers in the preprints. The abstracts should be available by July
as translations in French and Spanish. A program of lab and
associated visits is being developed for the evenings. Subgroup
sessions are programmed for Thursday October 7, 2004. Updates of the
program are available at

Program updates are at
    <URL:http://rsc.anu.edu.au/~hallam/metals2004>.

and the official conference site is

    <http://www.nma.gov.au/events/major_events/
        metals_conservation_conference/>

        **** Moderator's comments: The above URL has been wrapped
        for email. There should be no newline.

A pre-conference workshop Big Stuff concentrating on the
conservation of large objects has been organised by the Australian
War Memorial to discuss the problems of conservation of Large
Technological Objects. Issues. More information on this can be
obtained from Alison Wain (Alison.Wain [at] awm__gov__au) . Attached is a
copy of the registration form and information on costs. Please
return to the conference coordinators listed on the Form as soon as
practical. Please note that late fees are applicable to late payment
of registrations. Please also note that an authors registration is
required for inclusion in the publication as registration cost cover
the cost of the publication. I hope to see as many of you as
possible at Metals 2004.

David Hallam
Senior Conservator
Technology and Research