Subject: Moving collection materials

Moving collection materials

From: Prevart GmbH Joachim Huber <joachim.huber>
Date: Friday, June 18, 2004
We are due to transfer a collection of several thousand ceramics,
porcelain, glass as well as small and fragile porcelain figures. We
are aware that we can't adopt the view of packing a single object
but that we need an approach to mass object transfer considering
risk, safety, security as well as available financial and human
resources. Does anybody have experience (good or bad) with the
packing and transport of such an amount of small scale fragile
objects? What were the processes and the materials used. What was
useful, what shouldn't be done?

Joachim Huber
Prevart GmbH - Konzepte fur die Kulturgutererhaltung
Oberseenerstrasse 93
CH-8405 Winterthur
+41 52 233 12 54
Fax: +41 52 233 12 57