Subject: ACRL/RBMS Curators and Conservators Discussion Group--corrigendum

ACRL/RBMS Curators and Conservators Discussion Group--corrigendum

From: Jennifer Hain Teper <jhain>
Date: Friday, June 18, 2004
Due to a mis-communication, I incorrectly announced that the
Curators and Conservators Group was not meeting. The Discussion
Group is, indeed, meeting under the temporary guidance of Lois Black
of NCSU.  She forwarded me the following agenda for the group.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Jennifer

Agenda

    RBMS Curators and Conservators Discussion Group
    ALA Annual Conference
    Sunday, June 27, 2004, 8:30-11:00 am
    J.W. Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Resort, Del Lago 2

    1.  Welcome, introductions and announcements

    2.  Preserving Electronic Records:  What are your plans for
    preserving digital records? What measures are you currently
    taking at your institution? Do you have different guidelines for
    selection when reformatting materials? How do you handle
    materials that were "born digital"? How do you handle obsolete
    hardware and software?

    3. Preservation Staff: the changing face of staff. Are libraries
    favoring positions with responsibility for digital preservation
    as opposed those of traditional conservators?

    4.  Discussion of other topics of interest faced by curators or
    conservators.

    5.  Ideas for discussion topics for the next meeting.

    Lois Fischer Black
    Special Collections
    NCSU Libraries
    919-515-9059