Subject: Landscape paintings on photographic base

Landscape paintings on photographic base

From: Gwenola Furic <gwenolafuric>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2004
Glenn Willumson <gwillumson [at] arts__ufl__edu> writes

>I am interested in nineteenth century landscape paintings that were
>painted over photographs. ...
>..
>...  If there is further literature on
>the subject I would appreciate the citations.

There is a very good article with pictures (in German): "Wenn
Fotografien zu Gemalden werden: Mal- end drucktechnische Aspekte",
by Bernd Bunsche, in Restauro n deg.2, 1995.

Gwenola Furic
Private Photography Conservator
4 bis rue de Vincennes
35000 Rennes